WebTrak allows anyone to get information about where and how high aircraft fly over metropolitan areas.
It displays a map of surrounding suburbs within 55km of a selected airport. You can view information about arriving and departing aircraft, from three months earlier up to just 40 minutes ago. After selecting an aircraft, you can make a complaint about that flight.
You can also:
- locate your street address to have your home appear on the map
- see noise levels of individual aircraft
- view information about the aircraft including aircraft type, height, origin and destination
- display an aircraft’s flight path and point of closest approach to your home
- zoom in and out down to street level.
How does it work?
WebTrak uses information from air traffic control secondary surveillance radars to monitor aircraft:
- within 55 km of the airport
- Up to a height of 30,000 ft above mean sea level (AMSL).
Aircraft noise data is downloaded daily from noise monitors strategically located about the communities close to the airport.