On 15 January 2014, the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2013 (PID Act) commenced.
The Public Interest Disclosure Act 2013 creates a scheme that promotes internal reporting of suspected illegal conduct or wrongdoing by public officials (including former public officials) and offers protections for individuals who do make a public interest disclosure from adverse consequences and/or reprisals. In certain limited circumstances disclosures can be made to people outside Government.
Airservices Australia is committed to ensuring the highest standards of ethical behavior and fully supports individuals who report wrongdoing or suspected wrongdoing.
Making a public interest disclosure
Public interest disclosures can be made by a public official. This includes:
- any person who is, or was, employed by the Australian Government
- individuals employed by any Commonwealth companies, authorities and statutory agencies, the Parliamentary service, statutory officeholders
- service providers under contract to the Commonwealth and anyone employed by them.
Public interest disclosures can be made orally or in writing:
- to an Authorised Officer
- by email to email@example.com
- by phone on (02) 6268 4590
- by mail to:
PID Authorised Officer – (please select one of the Authorised Officers below)
GPO Box 367
CANBERRA ACT 2601
You can also report anonymously, however, please note:
- Airservices Australia will be limited in its ability to ensure that you are protected from reprisal
- anonymity may make further investigation difficult and
- it may be impossible to provide you with updates on the progress of investigations.
Airservices Australia PID Authorised Officers are (current as at August 2018):
- Governance and Security Manager, Safety & Assurance
- Personnel Security Team Leader, Safety & Assurance
- Services Integration Manager, Information Management & Data Systems
- Information Security Services Manager, Information Management & Data Systems
- Industrial Relations Specialist, Air Navigation Services
- Trainee Coordinator, Air Navigation Services
- ATS Specialist Team Leader, ANS Operational Standards, Air Navigation Services
- Simulator Supervisor ATSC Perth, Air Navigation Services
- People Services Advisor, Enterprise Services
- Senior Accounts Payable Officer, Enterprise Services
- Financial Controller Manager. Aviation Rescue Firefighting Services
- Senior Commercial Advisor, Aviation Rescue Fire Fighting
- Further information about the Public Internet Disclosure Scheme can be found on the Commonwealth Ombudsman website.
- Further information about how Airservices receives and manages Public Interest Disclosures which is detailed in Airservices Public Interest Disclosure Procedure can be sourced through emailing firstname.lastname@example.org