The airport developments team provides you with a central point to facilitate development approvals, and perhaps more importantly, are the point of contact to promote key issues of mutual interest to both airports and Airservices to ensure consistent messages are being transmitted from each other.
Regarding airport-related development proposals, the airport developments team provides you with
whole-of-Airservices advice. To undertake necessary assessments and ensure proposed developments related to your:
- Master Plan (MP)
- Major Development Plan (MDP)
- Controlled Activity (CA)
- Crane Operation (CO).
For more information on airport related developments please contact the airport developments team at firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information on Airport Master Plans here.
You are not entitled to penetrate an airspace surface, or hinder the safe operation of any Airservices Australia infrastructure (control tower, aviation rescue and fire fighting service, navigational aids), Airservices Australia requires specific details to be provided with your proposal. We require the following in electronic format, ie. email or disk:
- Site plans with the exact location of the proposed activity;
- Drawings of Tower Line of Sight to movement areas with apron boundary clearly defined;
- Detailed drawings including:
- exact dimensions;
- maximum heights in AHD and the above ground height for all structures including
- The exact location of your development including coordinates and datum for each structure
or crane operation:
- Coordinates in – latitude/longitude or easting/northing
- Datum – WGS84 or equivalent (not the airport reference point datum);
- A description of each structure to be built, including details of proposed external cladding
materials, and the structure’s proposed use;
- Where possible, MicroStation.dgn files (or AutoCAD) that include 3D wireframes of
- Tower line of sight.
To assist in giving you the most timely assessment, your assistance to provide the airport developments team with the above information as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated.
Please use the provided Development Application form for all proposals.
Contacting us in the process of preparing your MP, and advising us of your MDP or MP going out for public comment gives us the largest block of time (at least 60 business days) to technically assess your development. By giving us as much notice as possible you will ensure Airservices Australia has ample time to assess your proposals.
Endorsement of Australian Noise Exposure Forecasts
In deciding whether to endorse an Australian Noise Exposure Forecast (ANEF), Airservices Australia (“the endorser”) must be satisfied with the following elements of the ANEF:
- that the appropriate selection of aircraft types for the airport have been used as input data;
- that the runway usage and flight path data used as an input to the model are operationally suitable for the airport;
- that the forecast numbers of aircraft movements, operating times and the aircraft types carrying out operations are not greater than the physical ultimate capacity of the existing or proposed runway/s using accepted and published methodologies;
- that the contours have been modelled correctly;
- that the proponent has demonstrated it has paid due regard to all issues raised by State and Local Government authorities in relation to the ANEF; and
- any other matter the endorser considers relevant in deciding whether to endorse the ANEF.
Please allow 6-8 weeks for the endorsement process.