Since 1924 Airservices and its predecessors has provided comprehensive aeronautical information to meet the needs of the aviation industry and fulfil international aviation convention obligations (Annex 4 and 15). Our aeronautical information management team provides:
- a comprehensive range of information products for commercial and private pilots to ensure the safety and efficiency of each and every flight.
- a world class Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) ensuring nation states meet their obligations under the Chicago Convention in the most cost effective manner.
Accurate, reliable and flexible aeronautical information is a vital component of modern air navigation. Airservices’ aeronautical information services cover preparation, processing and handling of dynamic data (weather and other conditions that impact flight planning and operations) and static data (covering the location and character of navigation aids, the physical characteristics of airports and geography).
Flight information for commercial and private pilots that supports the safe and efficient conduct of flights:
- Aeronautical Information Services to meet International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) requirements
- Pre-flight, location and area briefing
- Aeronautical Information Package (AIP), including amendments
- Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs)
- Aeronautical Information Circulars
- AIP Supplements
- Aeronautical Products
- Aeronautical documents for studying, maintenance, planning and flying
- Standard and customised aeronautical charting (planning, terminal, visual navigation, en route)
- Tailored airways manuals
- Nav Data services
- data and simulations of traffic scenarios in the air and on the ground
- Procedures design – terminal area and Global Positioning System Non Precision arrivals procedures
- Pilot supplies – logbooks, aviation computers and plotters, training materials, flight luggage, flight planning software and books
- Printing and distribution services
– Commercial airlines and their pilots
- A trusted source for all flight data and information
- International-standard publications
- Flexible information that supports seamless flight operations
- Customised information packaging and delivery that saves both time and money
- Electronic delivery of data
– Private business and recreational pilots
- High quality, easy to use charts and publications
- Stylish and functional publications and accessories
- Online store for easy ordering and Internet payment
Trusted source and comprehensive services
Commercial pressures for efficiency and cost control mean that airlines require information services tailored to their operations and environment. Airservices offers charting and navigation information services for all pilots including airway manuals, NavData and charts configured to meet a variety of uses.
Our comprehensive database and advance cartographic capabilities enable us to provide customised AIS and charting services that ensure you get and pay only for the information you need.
Procedures design services
Airservices procedures-design specialists design and maintain the publication of instrument approaches and departure procedures for 300 aerodromes across Australia – including GPS Non-Precision approaches. This experience enables us to assist other aviation organisations to develop standards and procedures for safer, more efficient air navigation.