The Noise Complaints and Information Service (NCIS) receives complaints and enquiries about aircraft activities Australia-wide. If a response to a complainant is required, the NCIS aims to make contact within 21 days of the lodgement of the complaint. However, if they are unable to make contact after several attempts over three separate days, the complaint will be closed.
|Noise Complaints and Information Service responsibilities
What we ask of you when you make a complaint
|We are responsible for:
- providing assistance if you require help to make a complaint
- handling your complaint professionally, efficiently, fairly and impartially
- keeping you informed of our progress and any actions taken
- giving you reasons for our decisions
- taking all practicable steps to ensure that you are not subjected to any detrimental action in reprisal for making your complaint
- treating you with courtesy and respect
- giving you adequate warning of the consequences of unacceptable behaviour.
|We ask you to:
- provide us with a clear idea of the problem and the solution you want
- be honest in all communications
- give us all the relevant information you have (or know about) at the beginning
- tell us new facts, or let us know if you no longer want our help
- cooperate with us to help us try to finalise your complaint
- treat us with courtesy and respect
- inform us of changes in your contact details
- let us know if you need an interpreter or other help in accessing our service.